Any pay catfish lakes within an hour or two drive of Villa Rica?

Rob62

I'm helping my father in law try to find a catfish pond within an hour or so of Villa Rica (Carroll County), which is about 30 miles west of Atlanta. Not looking for a public place to fish but a commercial pay lake where one pays for the amount / weight of fish caught.

So if anyone knows of any please let me know.

TIA,

Rob

CharlesH

There's a place in Douglas County just outside of lithia springs, i think it's called the Christian Catfish Hole or something like that, i can't remember the road it's off of, but maybe some others can help out. I've been their several times they have two ponds/lakes; one is for catch and keep(pay by the pound) the other is catch and release, but they have some huge catfish in that body of water.

Glenn Ryan

Christain Catfish Hole

I think the name of the road is Hiram/Lithia Springs Rd, not sure though. Take Hwy 78 out of Douglasville and go West into Lithia Springs, Turn left onto above road(Lee Rd. ends on the right) and cross over tracks. Go about 1 mile and its on the left. I take my two little girls there and they have a blast.

catfish hole

in coweta county off of welcome road there is a place called welcome farms pay by the pound lots and lots of fish he feeds them twice a day morning and afternoon they will eat anything with a bobber once he throws food in the water and even without it. caught two 2olbers and 3 12lbs+ and lots of smallies... good luck

catfish

where is the macs feed store in moreland? I live on hwy 16 east and have never heard of it.. any info price days open etc...

Rob62

Thanks for all the information. I'll try to check out the one in Lithia Springs first - sounds like the closest one to the house.

Rob

Jeff Raines

There's a place up here just north of Dallas.Take 61 north,bout 6 miles out turn left on braswell mt. rd,then go a mile or 2 to tidwell rd,make a right ,wind around some curves and you'll see a little pond on the right with a bigger lake above it.

If the fish ain't bitin ol man tidwell will make them bite

gofish07

Pay Lake

Yes it is off Hiram Lithia springs road, From Villa rica you will turn left off Bankhead over the tracks and it approx 1/2 mile down on the left. great little catfish pond, he does stock with 40 and 50 pounders. in the summer he has friday night fishing contests also, Dont bring no zebco 33 though, wont last long..... :cool: