Christian Catfish Hole???

Randall

Right down the street from me.

It is actually in Lithia Springs off Sweetwater just North of Bankhead Hwy.

specialk

if i may hi-jack this thread, have you been randall, know anyhthing about it??

mikelogg

Randall said:
It is actually in Lithia Springs off Sweetwater just North of Bankhead Hwy.
IT WAS CALLED TACK'S LAKE FOR MANY YEARS.I'VE FISHED IT MANY TIMES.IT IS A SMALL LAKE THAT IS STOCKED SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR.A BUDDY OF MINE CAUGHT A 45 POUND CAT A FEW YEARS AGO.ITS ABOUT A HALF MILE NORTH OF BANKHEAD HWY.ON N.SWEETWATER RD. IN LITHIA SPRINGS.

BIG_AL

The Christian Catfish Hole is a great place to fish. I fish there often. It costs 5.00 to fish there and if you want to keep fish its 1.50/lb. He sales all kinds of bait, my favorite to use there are live bream and gold fish he sales them I believe 7 dollars/dozen. There is an upper pond where if you fish in it you have to keep the fish, the lower pond is the bigger of the two and it has the monsters in it. Let me know if any of ya'll are planning on fishin there. He is closed on wed, and he only stays open til 10pm, I have been trying to talk him into keeping it open to atleast 11 since summer is here, he would make a little bit more money I think. But anyways if ya need to know more just let me know.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
thanks for the info folks, nothing like sitting around with a upside down bucket and a straw hat :p

Randall

I have been a couple of times

specialk said:
if i may hi-jack this thread, have you been randall, know anyhthing about it??
I have been a couple of times just to hang out and watch the guys fish in the tournaments they have there. They catch a bunch of big ones and have a good time.

dixie

Jim, there's another lake right there close to it I go to a good bit called dunaways, the old man that did run it passed on and its changed hands, it's only open on weds to sun now and closes at dark. I only live 5-6 miles from both. If you decide you want to go, give me a call.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
dixie said:
Jim, there's another lake right there close to it I go to a good bit called dunaways, the old man that did run it passed on and its changed hands, it's only open on weds to sun now and closes at dark. I only live 5-6 miles from both. If you decide you want to go, give me a call.

Steve, where is dunaways? website or number?

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Jim Thompson said:
thanks for the info folks, nothing like sitting around with a upside down bucket and a straw hat :p

Going down hill fast !!!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dixie

PF, I have no idea what happened to her, the guy who owns that brick house on the upper end of the lake is running it now, you won't know the place, the old shack been replaced, new outhouse and everything! LOL, The guy seems to be ok, not the same as the old man tho, lordy, I do miss him, I really enjoyed talking to him. Jim, its on union grove rd, about a mile off hiram-lithia springs rd, they have a site, try www.dunawayslake.com I remember seeing on the new sign, but I'm not sure if thats right.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
thanks again folks. do they sell the bait at these 2 lakes or have any rules on what can or cant be used?

BIG_AL

Ok, Dunaways lake isn't what it used to be atleast this is what I have heard from my brother. I know me, my brother and my dad went one time with some catalpa worms and we tore those catfish up, infact all the fish we caught ended up costing us nearly a hundred dollars cause we kept over our 8lb limit, then on another ocasion me, my dad, my brother, and a few of our friends came with us and we tore them up on chicken liver, it did cost us over 100 dollars to get out of there that day, but it was well worth it. Now my brother and I just go to the Christian Catfish hole and just set there catching the monster catfish, we love it even though we aren't keeping them we just like to catch the big uns. If anyone wants to go to the catfish hole ya'll let me know and I'll be happy to meet you there one day with my brother and we will try and help ya catch a monster.

dixie

Jim, no minnows are allowed but thats about it. I use hawg-wild dip bait , they seem to like it REAL well and yes, they have worms, liver, shrimp, there for sale.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
well at spur of the moment yesterday I went to the Christian Catfish Hole. Got there about 11:30 and left at 9:30 last night :rofl: . I caught about 60 cats with 2 over 10 lbs and the remainder about 2-3lbs. The 2 biggest hit cut bait (only 3 bites on it all day) and everything else came on livers.

Kept about 7 fish for the freezer.

So all in all not a bad day. Thanks for the advice folks. Dixie, If I ever plan a trip I will call you!

dixie

PF, me and you'll go and leave J/T sittin at home!! ROFL, I've been to both and I just like dunaways better, BUT, like Jim, I've caught more there at the hole. Glad to hear you had a good day Jim.