Superhost Co-host?

Tran3
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Superhost Co-host?

Hello my fellow hosts! I have been hosting my own place for less than a year (kinda late to the party). My brother is going to help me hosting. I consider giving him the primary status so he can take care of most things for me. However, since he is new and I have the SH badge, does it mean the listing will have less visibility if he is the primary host? And can he earn the SH badge if he's the co-host and not the owner of the listing?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I called ABB to ask but honestly the rep, in my humble opinion, did not show me that he has a clue...
Tran

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Tran3,

Having someone new as a co-host won't affect the visibility of the listing in searches.

He won't be able to gain superhost status as a result of his co-host activities for you.

Superhost status is granted only for activities when hosting one's own listing.

His co-host activities can affect your ratings and superhost status as all reviews and ratings that guests leave as a result of their stay will be on your listing and profile, not his. It would be a good idea to go through with him all the categories in which you can be rated and agree the way that each should be approached.

The articles below have information on what can affect the position of your listing in search results and what co-hosts can & can't do.

Your-top-questions-about-Airbnb-Search

What can a co-host do?

Steve.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tran3,

Welcome to the Community Center, it is fantastic to see you here.

I just wanted to check if you have seen @Steve143's great overview in response to your co-hosting questions?

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.