IGNORED

Raiding Rivers! - New game release from Reboot!

CyranoJ

Announcing: Raiding Rivers!

WIP builds are available to my Patreon supporters, the latest version was posted today just a few minutes ago.

Developed as the winner of a 'what game to make?' poll voted on by Patreon supporters, this is where we are at after around 19 days of off and on work on the game. I hope to do futher polls in the future and make more mini games! It is now 'feature complete' and playable, but still requires some cleaning up (new art, music, options, score, lives, etc)

Further WIP builds, followed by a final build will be available to Patreon supporters.

Don't want to support reboot-games on Patreon?  Not a problem, I have you covered as well.  You'll be able to play the final build around two weeks after it is posted to Patreon members.

Thanks everyone,

CJ / Lawrence.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

I don't see any scoring. Will the final version keep track of your score?

If so, will the non-patreon version include scoring, or do I have to find three other guys who want it first and pay extra? 😁

Bro, please!  C'mon, Bro, don't do this to me, Bro.  :D

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

I don't see any scoring. Will the final version keep track of your score?

If so, will the non-patreon version include scoring, or do I have to find three other guys who want it first and pay extra? 😁

You clearly aren't a programmer and are beneath us. Begone simpleton!  😁

This looks fantastic!

I can not wait to give it a spin!

• Thanks 1

Love this game.

I've always wondered, is the landscape randomly generated ? and do you generate 1 side and then mirror it ?

Also if it is randomly generated, how do you decide how long a flat section should be before the next change and do you set min/max lengths and depths of change ?

Just curious :)

3 minutes ago, saboteur said:

Love this game.

I've always wondered, is the landscape randomly generated ? and do you generate 1 side and then mirror it ?

Also if it is randomly generated, how do you decide how long a flat section should be before the next change and do you set min/max lengths and depths of change ?

Just curious :)

https://www.scribd.com/document/5386334/Atari-VCS-2600-River-Raid-labeled-assembler-source-code

Its randomly generated from a seed, so its the same (random) map every game. Left/right are mirrored. New section happens when the current patten data runs out, bridge every 32 patterns.

And before anyone asks, no this is nowhere near a 1:1 port, I eyeballed it :)

• Like 3

Unless anyone finds something badly wrong with this build, I'm calling it done!

Patreon Supporters can download immediately, the rest of the world will have to wait a few weeks.

Requires: Skunk, JagGD or BigP to run.

Thank you all for your support!

[edit] the mono sound effects have been fixed since this video was recorded.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Atari030 said:

Is this one of those cross culture miscommunications you often get with Americans?

Yes, I think you meant "pull the trigger," which is an idiomatic way of saying make the purchase, complete the deal, sign the contract, etc.

If an American child of the 80's/90's tells you to pull their finger, don't do it, and maybe go to a different room if possible just to be safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6