Home

Official Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Official Demo Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #609
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Official Demo Impressions

I played a few games lst night, the game looks better and runs smoother then 07 but it seems like more of the same to me. If I can't play with the Maine Black Bears again this year (like I could in 05) I'll pass on this one.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 AM   #610
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm sorry but I've been playing video games too long to give the excuse that a demo is the reason presentation sucks. Go play last years demo. Go play March Madness' demo. Go play College Hoops demo. They all have atmosphere. This demo has none.

Everyone is getting hyped only because its a new game. It happens every year. Go pull up impressions from NCAA 07 (360). PEOPLE LOVED IT (including myself)!! About week 2 or 3 on the shelves and the game got trashed. I'm not falling for that this year. If I have a hard time falling in love with the demo, I most likely will have a hard time falling in love with the game because EA demos to me played exactly like the retail version in terms of gameplay. Now that competition is back, I don't have to settle when buying a football game.

There is literally nothing new in this game (well nothing ne that hasn't been seen in other EA games). Everything that is in this game was in last years current gen version. NCAA gets an F in innovation this year. I'm not paying $60 for that. If this were last year, I probably would have, but this year I have another option in football gaming so I'm not going to fall for bs this season.

gottal love the fanboys..... enjoy 2k football....
Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #611
Banned

It's weird but I dont see fumbles at all... I am not playing my 4th straight game and no fumbles at all from either side.... I think those that claim they fumble a lot just suck at the game...

I have ran up and down on usc with hart with no fumbles..... I guess does that say there are a ton of fumbles must have a bad demo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #612
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
Dude its a demo, chill. The full version is much better.
Can I borrow your crystal ball as you seem to be able to see the future... Some seem to have the need that every one to like what you like to justify your purchase or something. I never understood that mindset either. You like what you like, he likes what he likes.

And lets be real. The game will not play any different in the retail version then it does in the demo. The things that turned him off will not be fixed by changing sliders or difficulty. The only thing the demo lacked that full game will have is play by play and PA audio which should help with the atmosphere.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #613
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Can I borrow your crystal ball as you seem to be able to see the future... Some seem to have the need that every one to like what you like to justify your purchase or something. I never understood that mindset either. You like what you like, he likes what he likes.

And lets be real. The game will not play any different in the retail version then it does in the demo. The things that turned him off will not be fixed by changing sliders or difficulty. The only thing the demo lacked that full game will have is play by play and PA audio which should help with the atmosphere.
I wouldn't have taken a crystal ball to predict that this would be your take on the demo.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 AM   #614
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFootBall1977
gottal love the fanboys..... enjoy 2k football....
Okay the fact that I've literally owned every NCAA, Madden, and NFL Fever game this decade makes me a 2K fanboy?

If I'm a fanboy, it's for football games in general and not towards the product creator. Why is it everytime someone dislikes something about a game and prefers something in the other game, he has to be a fanboy? Seriously, it's getting old. For the record, I only owned 2 2K football games in my lifetime and that was 2K3 and 2K4. I didn't even own 2K5, which is widely considered the best one.

You don't have to be a fanboy to see what APF is bringing to the table this year that is missing from what is a college football game. And what I was simply stating is that this year there is at least one other option in football other than a Tiburon made product, so I won't have to "settle" this year in buying a football game.

I'll use a Pepsi/Coke reference like someone used earlier. If I lived in a world where Pepsi was only soft drink available for 2 years. Sure I'd drink it. But let's say Coke comes out 2 years later. I'd be a fool if I didn't see what Coke had to offer as I've been drinking nothing but Pepsi for 2 years. It's called variety. Instead of settling for whatever you're used to being fed, you look for substitutes and from that choose the best product.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 07-11-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 AM   #615
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I wouldn't have taken a crystal ball to predict that this would be your take on the demo.
I didn't even post my gameplay impressions of the demo yet. Haven't played it enough to do so. Thank you sir may I have another...

Actually, I haven't post any impression so here are MY initial first impressions:

The game was much smoother then last year.

The player proportions were much more realistic.

The running animation is still off but better then the hunch backs from last year.

Don't like all the junk on the screen pre-snap.

Don't like the fact the play clock winding down indicator keeps flashing red even after you snap the ball and last the entire play. Distracts me for some reason.

Other then that, haven't put in enough time to give any real game play impression.

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 07-11-2007 at 07:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2007, 07:44 AM   #616
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I enjoyed the animations and the almost-there gang tackling. Didn't really enjoy the shotgun in the back falls or the choppyness between plays. If the choppyness is still there in the retail, I won't be buying it.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »