Lone Star Grillz "El Patron"

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
Pretty cool concept, "All-In-One" cooker.

I like it, but it's pricey. I have some reservations about the pulley for the charcoal grate running across underneath the cooking grate, but that's probably not a big deal. I don't think there is anything more versatile as far as charcoal cookers out there.

LSG builds a quality product, I have had my eye on their 20" offset smokers for a while now, I just don't have the room, I would need to thin the herd. Something about the ability to cook with wood, via a "stick burner" is very appealing, certainly not a set it & forget type, but oh the flavor.....

For a guy that doesn't burn coal, I am very impressed.... I say this without looking up a price.

I love the idea for sure. 2K for the unit........adds on for fake shopping was another $2100......
Stainless steel grates.....1/2 inch, not sure the grade on stainless is $645.
Not sure the grade Killa Grilla used but the grills I purchased are outstanding.

That thing does look awesome. The once thing that may be missing is some kind of grease management.

I wonder if the concept is that the drippings will incinerate on the porcelain bricks on the bottom.

That brisket looked like it would droop in the bend test. Super red too. Juicy. Wonder what the final temp was. Nice. Waygu! Too pricey

Didn't you guys catch the Mad Scientist BBQ vid when they did a brisket on a rotisserie in a pellet smoker? They were dumbfounded at how good it turned out --- they thought it was because it was self basting in its own fat that made the difference.

I've been eyeing up the LS grills for when I win the lottery..... they look like top notch lifetime smokers all around --- wish I could justify getting one (or two) --- it would be hard to pick between their pellet grill or an offset..... or a box or a tank.

When I can scrape up the $$$ for a brisket, I am gonna do one in my Genesis on the roto.

Didn't you guys catch the Mad Scientist BBQ vid when they did a brisket on a rotisserie in a pellet smoker? They were dumbfounded at how good it turned out --- they thought it was because it was self basting in its own fat that made the difference.

I've been eyeing up the LS grills for when I win the lottery..... they look like top notch lifetime smokers all around --- wish I could justify getting one (or two) --- it would be hard to pick between their pellet grill or an offset..... or a box or a tank.
That was a fun video. I am not sure when but I will be trying this either on the MB800 or the Napoleon with charcoal basket.

When I can scrape up the $$$ for a brisket, I am gonna do one in my Genesis on the roto.
Not sure what it is. I tried it, and gas grills just don't work. I tried my Wolf, the Summit (when I owned it) and the Genesis. Threw them all in the trash. Think I even posted about it and a few folks posted back basically it was foolish to waste that on a gas grill. IDK, maybe with what I know today after putting a few under my belt so to speak, I might be able to pull it off..................but, no way I am gonna possibly waste that much $$$ to prove a point. I have 2 top notch smokers now and I will "give to Caesar what is Cesar's". IOW if it belongs on or in a gas cooker I will put it there, and if it needs a smoker or charcoal burner to be done correctly it will go there.
But, if you do it, pictures MUST follow along with results.

Well, I have done a couple on my Genesis and was extremely happy with the results. But, my disclaimer is that I have never done one on coals. So, take it for what it is worth.

Well, I have done a couple on my Genesis and was extremely happy with the results. But, my disclaimer is that I have never done one on coals. So, take it for what it is worth.
Well, would love to have known your secret for having it turn out well.

I think you could have a really good result if you did things right --- I would lean towards having a coal basket from the kettle in there with some good chunks of wood going the whole time - I would think that a smoke tube with pellets would not be enough, but wouldn't hurt with the basket. Hoping you're talking E/W genny over a N/S ---- I would think a N/S would be a struggle.....

I just put them on the back of the grill with the front burner on low. That puts my grill at about a steady 225. I did use a smoker box with wood chips that I filled several times during the cook. But, like I said, I have never done one on a coal burner, so I don't really have anything to compare it too. I just know it came out super tender and very tasty.

1707006468576.jpeg

Back