Why do everybody sell their REC Shaman lately?

owensidharta

Gold Member
Yes. I have some questions.

Why do everybody seems to sell their REC Exclusive Shaman lately? Is there something wrong with it? Or is it just to gain profit from selling them above the market's price?

It is quite weird. I found more than 5 sales posts for this knife model, for the last 3 or 4 days.

I bought 1 yesterday from a guy in this forum. I would like to know if there is something wrong with this REC Shaman, so that I can fully "prepare" myself when I receive it next week.

Thanks.

Owen.
(IG : @ocdknivesguy)

Last edited:
I own 2 Shaman's but not a REC.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't worry about it. These things happen in cycles.

I've often noticed that when someone sees a knife for sale on the Exchange that they have and want to sell, they will immediately place an ad for theirs right after the other. Monkey see, monkey do.

The Shaman is a solid knife. If there's a problem w/the REC it would be w/the PVD coating on the blade and, if that's a problem, you'd know about it already.

Last edited:
I own 2 Shaman's but not a REC.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't worry about it. These things happen in cycles.

I've often noticed that when someone sees a knife for sale on the Exchange that they have and want to sell, they immediatley place an ad for theirs right after the other. Monkey see, monkey do.

The Shaman is a solid knife. If there's a problem w/the REC it would be w/the PVD coating on the blade and, if that's a problem, you'd know about it already.
Any problem about the PVD coating that you heard about?

Last edited:
Maybe they got duplicates. Not their cup of tea. Got myself one, I like it. It's a keeper for me.
I bought it just because I like the scales' and the blade's color :)
I heard that Shaman is infamous for its blade play. Is it true?

I thought maybe REC did another run of them recently? And that was why? But idk

Any problem about the PVD coating that you heard about?

Nope. To the contrary. See: REC Shaman PVD Usage.

And, there's no "blade play" in either of my 2 Shamans -- a basic G10 S30V and a CF S90V Sprint model -- but I don't f*ck with pivot on my folders unless they are "too tight' or "too loose" for some reason.

Both of my Shamans are "fine."

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the Shaman from REC, this particular one is a hot item, they sold out quickly and not everyone that wanted one was able to buy it. They sell for more on the secondary market and flippers know this. Some were bought just to be flipped for a profit. Hence, they're starting to show up for sell here.

I bought it just because I like the scales' and the blade's color :)
I heard that Shaman is infamous for its blade play. Is it true?
Shaman suffers from a design flaw IMHO. The floating stop pin needs to be replaced with a threaded stand off. Various grip presssure affects the way it opens/closes. So to answer your question; yes. Thankfully Spyderco did not go this route on Yojumbo/Yojimbo models.

Last edited:
Back