Consider, For a Moment, the Potential of Izuru Kira's Wabisuke

Gorblax

Talk First, Pants Later
Izuru Kira's zanpakuto, Wabisuke, is my personal favorite of the series. Basically, whenever the sword hits something, it doubles in weight. He hits it again, it doubles again. According to the Bleach Wiki, the potential for this is limitless. That completely staggers me.

Would that mean that, in the right (wrong) hands, one could use Wabisuke to hit, say, a rock so many times that it develops its own gravitational pull? Could it collapse below its swarzchild radius and become a black hole? And what do you suppose its potential Bankai could possibly be capable of? Let's deliver the answers to the questions about Wabisuke that no one has been waiting for.

He would need to hit it enough, fast enough, To overcome earths own gravitational field before it sinks through the ground, in theory.

Izuru Kira's zanpakuto, Wabisuke, is my personal favorite of the series. Basically, whenever the sword hits something, it doubles in weight. He hits it again, it doubles again. According to the Bleach Wiki, the potential for this is limitless. That completely staggers me.

Would that mean that, in the right (wrong) hands, one could use Wabisuke to hit, say, a rock so many times that it develops its own gravitational pull? Could it collapse below its swarzchild radius and become a black hole? And what do you suppose its potential Bankai could possibly be capable of? Let's deliver the answers to the questions about Wabisuke that no one has been waiting for.

I've noticed that too actually. It really is quite broken. I'm pretty sure that people can't use the shikai/bankai of another shinigami's sword though.

Spoiler:
Where'd my lolKubo smiley go?

I'd actually go so far to say that because of that uniquely broken quality, it may be my favorite weapon in fiction: replacing the position long held by the Persuader's axe.

No, because Kira is absolutely useless with a pretty broken ability.

Hey, nobody ever said Kira was a good character. I just think the weapon is great.

And as to weight not equaling mass, unless Wabisuke somehow alters the gravitational pull of the Earth itself, which I sincerely doubt, anything that gains weight will gain mass. I don't see any other way of that working.

And, of course, anyone good enough to not get hit by it.

Plus, if the filler arc is any indication (which it should be, as it's currently being headed up by Kubo himself IIRC), Wabisuke does have a limited durability. Kenpachi completely broke it without trying.

And, of course, anyone good enough to not get hit by it.

Plus, if the filler arc is any indication (which it should be, as it's currently being headed up by Kubo himself IIRC), Wabisuke does have a limited durability. Kenpachi completely broke it without trying.

On Wabisuke behalf... it f-ing Kenpachi!! He breaks everything.

It will never happen on the battlefield though, infinite number of hits would be required. It's potential will always be that and nothing more but to imagine such a weapon in the hands of someone who could strike millions of times per sec. Each strike doubles weight if I recall so a million strikes like that would give a massive increase in weight.

That brings up a point, what is the size limit for objects he can use it on? Can he hit the ground and affect the entire earth, or only the ground to a certain radius?

That brings up a point, what is the size limit for objects he can use it on? Can he hit the ground and affect the entire earth, or only the ground to a certain radius?

well take the fight vs Abrirama as a sample

he hit his wings several times, the wings got heavier the rest of his body didn't seem to get heavier

I know movie feats don't really count, but there was the time Kira struck the ground in the first movie, and the entire edge of the cliff went careening off the side.

Back
Top Bottom