Natural Beauty vs. Unnatural Beauty

hakka_warrior

A couple days ago in class, we started a discussion regarding cosmetic surgeries, which inevitably led to the debate of natural beauty vs. unnatural beauty. We settled down on the definition of natural beauty being is beauty that is not enhanced or altered in a permanent way, which includes cosmetic products in general. Therefore, unnatural beauty was to be defined as beauty that is modified in a permanent way, e.g. breast enhancements or facial reconstruction.

I am posting a thread in the Debate Corner because I am interested in your opinions regarding this topic. It is an interesting one (to me, atleast) and I welcome all sorts of opinions. Therefore, I ask the members of Naruto Forums to post their opinions towards this topic and also, tell us which one they prefer - Natural or Unnatural.

Thank you for your time,
Hakka_Warrior

Frankly I find the people hating on unnatural beauty shallow. Improving oneself on an attribute that is a big factor in the world of first impressions is not something that should be condemned.

tell us which one they prefer - Natural or Unnatural.

That's ambiguous. Are you asking which one we would prefer to have on ourselves, or simply which one we have a better opinion of?

I say whatever makes the individual boost their self confidence to a level enough where they are able to carry themselves with head held high :D

I consider make up to be unnatural beauty, and I would not go out with someone who wears lots of makeup to cover their true face. When I pick someone to marry, it's going to be based off of their genetics and personality. I would never marry someone who got reconstructive surgery for reasons other than if they were in an accident or something like that.

A couple days ago in class, we started a discussion regarding cosmetic surgeries, which inevitably led to the debate of natural beauty vs. unnatural beauty. We settled down on the definition of natural beauty being is beauty that is not enhanced or altered in a permanent way, which includes cosmetic products in general. Therefore, unnatural beauty was to be defined as beauty that is modified in a permanent way, e.g. breast enhancements or facial reconstruction.

I am posting a thread in the Debate Corner because I am interested in your opinions regarding this topic. It is an interesting one (to me, atleast) and I welcome all sorts of opinions. Therefore, I ask the members of Naruto Forums to post their opinions towards this topic and also, tell us which one they prefer - Natural or Unnatural.

Thank you for your time,
Hakka_Warrior
You consider cosmetics to be "natural beauty" ? :huh

So if I play a zombie in a movie, with all the necessary make up, that makes me naturally ugly ? (Or, if they disguise me as a pretty girl using make-up, then I'll be naturally beautiful as a pretty girl, despite being a man underneath?). That doesn't make any sense :-/

PS: nice sig grimah :D

There's no practical difference between "natural" and "unnatural" beauty, so there's no reason to prefer one over the other. What is beautiful, is beautiful regardless of the context.

Now, if you're using a roundabout way of asking how getting plastic surgery reflects on a person, then the answer is pretty complicated.

I dare any woman, naturally beautiful or not, to go their whole lives withouth make-up. The concept of natural beauty has changed a lot. Nowadays, natural beauty is to look as if you HAVE cosmetics on even if you don't. Thus, it really counters the question.

I like bitches who don't need to smear their face like a clown to look good, it wears and tears after years.

In b4 RugerRell.

I prefer people that don't wear makeup to "enhance" their appearance. Being attractive is mostly about attitude. If someone doesn't have the self confidence to show their true face without shame, they probably aren't a good match for me anyway.

Well done make-up makes a face interesting. But I can't so such, I do any on the rare occasions I actually remember I have a thing like mascara. Being without it is better than being orange and have trails of melting layers on your neck (knew one girl who had such and didn't even notice).

As for surgeries - it's better to stay natural as long as there's no REAL reason to change something. If woman is pretty and changes her chin because she has such whim, it's not beautiful. It leaves scars, it's not natural any more and what for? Same with breasts lol. I heard boys saying they feel hard and plastic through the skin and have to be careful with them and that they'd really rather go for small natural than huge artificial :amuse

Back
Top Bottom