Wabisuke The World Destroyer

2Broken

The Madness of Wisdom
Kira's Zanpakto Wabisuke doubles the weight of everything it hits (which also means it doubles the mass relatively speaking) even if it is an object it has just doubled the weight of.

If we do the math for how much his zanpakto changes weight we get this equation 2^n X W0 = Wf (n equals the number of strikes, W0 equals an objects original weight and Wf equals an object's weight after the multiplication.

Math here:
Spoiler:
2xW0=W1 2xW1=2X(2XW0)=W2 2xW2=2X[2X(2XW0)]=W3 etc..... The amount of 2s always equal the amount of strikes. If you go to n number of strikes you will have 2 times itself n times, multiply that by the original weight and you have 2^n X W0 = Wf as your equation.

It is exponential so it will grow fast, but how fast will it grow? Since we are talking about Bleach here I did a quick search online and it seems like the average katana has a mass of about 2.5kg so we will just use that as our object and plug in some numbers to see how fast it can multiply. (I am using kg mass units here, but it doesn't matter since the mass is doubled as well)

5 strikes 2^5 X 2.5kg = 80kg- More than the average human mass.

10 strikes 2^10 X 2.5kg = 2560kg- More than an average pickup truck's mass.

20 strikes 2^20 X 2.5kg = 2,621,440kg- More than a dozen adult Blue Whale masses.

40 strikes 2^40 X 2.5kg = 2.75 X 10^12- More mass than five times the weight of every human on earth.

60 strikes 2^55 X 2.5kg = 9.01 X 10^16kg- More mass than an average sized asteroid.

85 strikes 2^85 X 2.5kg = 9.67 X 10^25kg- More mass than the earth.

100 strikes 2^100 X 2.5kg = 3.17 X 10^30kg- More mass than the sun.

So it would seem that with a hundred strikes Wabisuke could take an average Katana and essentially make it have more mass than the sun, potenially destroying the world. We all know that this wouldn't happen in the Bleachverse and that this ability is apparently a no limits fallac. Besides that though what do you think the limits are for this exponential zanpakto, if any? Do you think the limits could be expanded depending on reiatsu? What do you think about the supposed power and potential of this zanpakto?

Please discuss.

I am just guessing but I think there is probably a reiatsu restriction on his sword. It would only make sense. That's why Zaraki smoked his zanpaktou in 1 swipe. Being a sword that grows stronger with the user would imply there is a limit to how much mass he can actually apply to someone else's sword. I don't think Kira from Bleach is Star buster level. :)

It has limits :geg his reiatsu is the problem,maybe something like 10 strikes is his max,look to bankai yama,you don't see him destroying the solar system,but i would buy kira destroying everything in EoS :maybe

It likely doubles the reiatsu cost with each strike so it's proportional to the weight.

What's more interesting is how it picks what's being "struck". Because it's not just the atoms specifically touched by the blade. If you strike a sword, how does it know to double just the weight of the sword? Why not the weight of the sword and the person holding the sword? Wouldn't it spread until it's not touching anything, so even the ground beneath them would be affected

I always loved his Zanpuktou, but we can't say it doubles the mass of something, it can merely double the gravitational pull that affects that object.
Or you know ... magic.

Wabisuke is like Zanka no Tachi. Kira can't use it too much because he destroys what he needs to protect :maybe

Spiritual energy fuels everything in Bleach. It's likely Wabisuke has a limit based on Kira's own spiritual power.

This ability has way more possibilities than we saw,one of Kubo's many flaws.

Taking a perfectly legitimate and creative ability to the extreme isn't Kubo's fault. It's yours.

Spiritual energy fuels everything in Bleach. It's likely Wabisuke has a limit based on Kira's own spiritual power.

Taking a perfectly legitimate and creative ability to the extreme isn't Kubo's fault. It's yours.

I'm not thinking on the same scope as op,thanks for the presumptuous post.

You could have used Tsukishima's ridiculous ability as a counter point to what i've said.But Kira's definetly got the small matchstick on "Kubo actually caring".

He probably can double the weight as many times as he wants. He stroke Rangiku's blade 7 times and the weight increased to 225lbs(it actually says this in the translation). But what I notice there is a delay on when the weight is activated. In a fight, this should give enough time for stronger characters to apply their reiatsu to negate the affects. Afterall Kira has Vice-Captain level spirit energy. If it was in the hands of someone of Yamamoto's caliber or greater, then it may very well be a planetary threat or more, especially if he just hitting an inanimate object with practically no reiatsu/energy to oppose the weight increase.

what is this kg i only work with pounds and tons

A large majority of the world is metric and since there are people from all around the globe on the site I used metric units. I mean you have to take care of the majority first right? :)

or even easier since he mentioned tons

1000 kg = 1 Ton (then again there's different kinds of ton)

Yeah you are using the metric ton. The American ton is 2000 pounds divide that by about 2.2 to convert it and you get around 909 kilograms.

As for the thread I was also thinking Wabisuke would burn significantly more reiryoku as it was used as it would be the easiest way to limit its power. The only thing is I think it has struck an object 4 times already (Redder's wings) and Kira showed no fatigue from it. So if 4 didn't even tire Kira I doubt that is his limit or close to his limit unless Wabisuke has a set in stone restriction on its ability.

As for how the blade determines what to double, at first I thought it doubled the whole object it struck, but since it doubled Redder's wings and not his body it must work off the users will somehow, or the blade has a limit on the size of things it can double.

He probably can double the weight as many times as he wants. He stroke Rangiku's blade 7 times and the weight increased to 225lbs(it actually says this in the translation). But what I notice there is a delay on when the weight is activated. In a fight, this should give enough time for stronger characters to apply their reiatsu to negate the affects. Afterall Kira has Vice-Captain level spirit energy. If it was in the hands of someone of Yamamoto's caliber or greater, then it may very well be a planetary threat or more, especially if he just hitting an inanimate object with practically no reiatsu/energy to oppose the weight increase.

Did he hit the blade that many times? I remembered it as only a couple. If you are right though Rangiku's sealed zanpakto weighs about 1.76 pounds.

I'm not thinking on the same scope as op,thanks for the presumptuous post.

You could have used Tsukishima's ridiculous ability as a counter point to what i've said.But Kira's definetly got the small matchstick on "Kubo actually caring".

Have you stopped complaining yet?

Well there you have it, Kira can double an object seven times without feeling fatigue. Unless an objects original weight has something to do with how many times he can double it seems like any drains the ability may cause would be well after 10 hits.

Also that is really light for a sword, I mean lighter than 2lbs? I wonder if any real "reliable" katanas are that light.

Well there you have it, Kira can double an object seven times without feeling fatigue. Unless an objects original weight has something to do with how many times he can double it seems like any drains the ability may cause would be well after 10 hits.

Also that is really light for a sword, I mean lighter than 2lbs? I wonder if any real "reliable" katanas are that light.

Wabisuke worked on an Arrancar whose steel feather/wings were stated to be heavier than rock(as heavy as boulders, Viz version) originally. He was able to double the weight 4 times without expressing fatigue.

Whatever the case, there seem to be a wide range to his ability given that he has shown to apply weight to things much heavier than a katana.

the limit we will never know.. he hit rangiku's sword 7 time.. and he dont even look tired..

That's nothing. 7 times is still 93 times fewer than the 100 times the OP quotes. In other words, it's about 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x(i.e. 10^28, 10 thousand trillion trillions) harder than that. I know people who can benchpress 128 pounds yet can't lift 100 trillion trillion pounds. If it's exponential, 7 is nowhere near a big enough number to compare how tired he'd be.

Why u hate Kubo so much, every time i read something of you.

Is to bash kubo or bleach.

why u hate SL.?

We are not evil beings :(

Don't worry i also bash FT non stop but i think Kubo deserves it more because sometimes he tries too hard, Mashima is more laid back.Naruto has also giving me reasons to bash it,i promise i'll do it,if that makes you feel better,the last OP arc was awful too(there,said it).

@thread

What i mean is,while some ridiculous abilities get creative uses but still aren't used to full capacity,said ability is simply too broken to be used to full extent(see Tsukishima & Soi Fon,though these two cases are different),others(like Kira's) have imense potential but the author simply never fleshes it out.I think it's a flaw,i like when the powers and possibilities are more exposed.I also think Kubo has many other flaws, i really dislike the style he developed(and sadly seems to have finished) during Bleach's serialization.

What's more interesting is how it picks what's being "struck". Because it's not just the atoms specifically touched by the blade. If you strike a sword, how does it know to double just the weight of the sword? Why not the weight of the sword and the person holding the sword? Wouldn't it spread until it's not touching anything, so even the ground beneath them would be affected

One could ask that question about many fictional powers. I generally go with the explanation that it depends on the person's perception of what qualifies as an individual object.

I always loved his Zanpuktou, but we can't say it doubles the mass of something, it can merely double the gravitational pull that affects that object.
Or you know ... magic.

Yeah, that sounds most reasonable. hit something a hundred times and I imagine that it would be impossible to lift from the ground, but little would happen besides that.

Why u hate Kubo so much, every time i read something of you.

Is to bash kubo or bleach.

why u hate SL.?

We are not evil beings :(

To be fair, there's a lot to bash.

Back
Top Bottom