I found a good mechanic in central New Jersey | FerrariChat

I found a good mechanic in central New Jersey

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by lopena, Mar 1, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I recently bought a 2002 575M Maranello and wanted to have the car fully serviced (belts, fluids, filters, plugs, gaskets, seals, etc.).

I brought the car to J. SCUDERIA in Cranbury, NJ and told Fonz, the technician/owner to go through the entire car. He took his time (which I consider a good thing) and explained what he was doing every step of the way.

He’s obviously a talented and enthusiastic mechanic with a very deep knowledge of all things Ferrari. He’ll handle everything from routine service to complete engine rebuilds.

I was very pleased with the entire experience.

Fonz works alone while his partner, Cerise, handles the front-of-house. You made need to wait a few weeks before a slot opens up.

His shop had about 6 or 8 Ferraris in various states of disassembly. He only works on Ferraris…again, a good thing.

You can reach Fonz and Cerise at (973) 957-011.

Alan
    N.J.

2. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Congratulations on the Maranello! and thank you for the recommendation, I'm very close to there, so good to know!

F430 Driver likes this.
  3. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    Fonz is the best! Been using him for years.

4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Another +1 for Fonz, was just there Saturday morning getting my non-major annual service.

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Fonz is awesome.

Met him a few years ago. Nice guy and VOLUMES of knowledge in re: to Ferrari and how to make them work correctly.

6. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    #6 F430 Driver, May 27, 2023
    Last edited: May 27, 2023
    I will reiterate all the positive comments on J SCUDERIA and Fonz above. I just had my 458 Spider serviced there this last week. It needed the larger service schedule which is due every two years. Last year was the minor service. This was the first time I didn’t use a Ferrari dealer for my cars service. I did oil, brakes, filter, DCT clutch fluid which dealer never did during all seven years of included service. He also took care of smaller details like lubricating the convertible top mechanism and was able to take it thru inspection for me.

Fonz is extremely knowledgeable about everything Ferrari and used to be a lead tech at Ferrari Edison and Ft Lauderdale. He is far more thorough than the dealers typically are. You also don’t have to worry if you are getting the dealers best tech. At SCUDERIA you get Fonz every time and he is the best.
    If you have an older Ferrari or even a newer limited edition your prized car is in good hands there. I give my highest recommendation to them. I’m OCD and only trust my car to very few. Prices are also more competitive than what the dealer charges.

Last, both Fonz and Cerise (she handles the front of the house operations) are both such nice people & a pleasure to talk to and worth with.