Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angela_agne

Advanced Window Corp

Angela Agne
5 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Advanced Window Corp? I am getting bids and the one from an Advanced Windows installer is so much lower than others that I'm worried about the quality. I don't want to pay more just to pay more, but there are an overwhelming number of window options. I also have quotes from Sunrise, Beechworth, and Andersen Renewal. Sunrise seems to have some positive reviews, but not sure about Beechworth either. Anyone have experience with any of these?

Comments (11)

• Therese R
    5 years ago

Not familiar with those other any Andersen. We had the last house done in Ansderen 400 series, new windows, vs replacement. We hired someone do eo the work, not Andersen person. Looking for repairs/replacement windows for current house and finding that Renewal by Andersen is "convenient" as billed, but very overpriced. Confirmed by someone we know who works for the renewal program. We were very happy with the Andersen windows themselves. Just wouldn't be willing to pay for the program they are offering.

Angela Agne thanked Therese R
  • leelee
    5 years ago

Have you Googled them to see what kind of ratings they've gotten?????

• Angela Agne
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes, of course. I have found good reviews on Sunrise, but can't find much on Advanced Window Corp except Yelp reviews, which speak primarily to customer service. I'm looking for reviews from people who have had windows installed for a length of time or who can knowledgeably speak to the quality of their products.

• Steve J
    5 years ago

Plenty of good advice on these forums if you do a search. Sunrise is far and away the better product on your list. Stay away from Renewal. You’ll want to compare the nfrc ratings of the windows to help understand efficiency and quality. Where are you located? Many of the better quality windows are regional. The normal top recommendations are Okna, Sunrise, Softlite, Polaris, & Kensington. You may not have all of the available to you depending on your location.

• wdccruise
    5 years ago

These products are not really comparable. The Advanced and Sunrise windows are vinyl, the Beechworth are fiberglass, and the Andersen are it's own concoction. Be sure that windows have comparable specs: u-factor, SHGC, visual transmittance, and air leakage. Here's some information that might help with selection: http://www.replacementwindowsreviews.co/ . I'd also ask for client recommendations as the quality of the installation is important to the overall success of the project.

• Angela Agne
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks all. I'm in Illinois. I realize I'm looking at different materials. I originally wasn't sure about vinyl, but two installers recommended to me work with vinyl so I thought I'd look into it more. Sunrise definitely has a leg up at the moment. I have searched and searched these forums for reviews on Advanced Window Corp but they are few and far between. And Sunrise is rated better by Energy Star. The search continues for now. Thanks again!

• Audrey Ortega
    3 years ago

Hi Angela, I'm in IL too. Did you make a decision on which window to go with? Did it go well for you?

• Window Genius
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

they are a local manufacturer. Not so sure about the quality though, its basically average.

Sunrise is a much better window, that i do know.

• Window Genius
    3 years ago

The problem with being on a tight budget for windows is that you are sacrificng quality in which case you may want to do the windows in stages.

• johnpjoyce
    3 years ago

Did you end up going with the Advanced Window Corp windows or a different brand? How was your experience? I am in the Chicagoland area and am having the same problem.