What's new
What's new

Anyone use Spin Windows, and how do you like them?

kuraki556

Cast Iron
My guys are bugging me to get them some Spin Windows: Visiport by TOOLING 2000

My main question is, which should I go with, the air or the 24v? I'd prefer the air for ease of installation, and I can't see them using much CFM, but I imagine the 24v is a more powerful motor.

I have them on my DMU's and they are great. One is over 5 years old and still perfectly clear.
All I need to do is wipe them with a tissue every couple of weeks because of a light deposit of oil.
All around the glass looks like it was sand blasted.
Love it.
Jerry

We have one on a Makino A88e. It was purchased off ebay for pretty cheap. It work(ed) very well (stayed clean, always clear) until the machine snapped a m10 roll tap because someone replaced the drill with a drill sized for a cut tap, and a piece of tap shrapnel went flying right into the glass, shattering it :wall::cryin:

The glass window was replaced with one that has a "film" that is supposed to work better (:confused:), but now it gets cloudy quicker, and I think the film takes a beating from flying chips.

Its still way better than the old window that is around the window (which is perma-cloudy from constant chip bombardment).

One of our Mori's had a real vision problem with TSC on. I made a hillbilly one out of a pc. of keystock with small holes vertically next to the window frame. Doesn't spin but let's you see what's going on.

This is on a new machine so the glass around is still not too bad. The spinning glass should be wiped but it is really clear. Specially when using CTS.
Jerry

It's actually clear looking around it than through it :D
Can't remember the machine, but I saw one once that had a hand windshield wiper fitted. Just had a lever on the outside that you rotated 1/4 turn back and forth to clear the screen.
I suppose it worked...

If your looking to purchase these spin window fixtures DIRECT, DIRECT here in the USA.....

Reach out to me, for 15 years I've manufactured and shipped these complete spin window

fixtures to a large Japan based company (just for them to put their name on it as

my father was the original designer of the low profile version) who still supply

the many popular machine tool manufactures with these for their machines, I've

seen them on plenty machines in the 2016 IMTS show. I can sell these direct for

50% less than can be bought directly from the (so called) japan based

manufacturer. For 15 years we shipped these units complete with installation

instructions direct to Japan.

I can sell up to 10 units for $800.00 ea. contact me direct for single unit quotes...Shipped direct to you.

Clear Machining
Lenny
[email protected]

Back