shape
carat
color
clarity

when at the hair salon...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Ok, weird question. But something I've wondered. When the stylist is washing your hair at the bowl, do you keep your eyes opened or closed???

I feel weird keeping them open, so I close them and just relax. I'm just curious.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Closed, to keep the water and shampoo out, LOL!!!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I usually keep them open. I never thought about why, but maybe because it feels weird to have people walking around me and not be able to know who or how close they are!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh said:
Closed, to keep the water and shampoo out, LOL!!!
Haha! But see...I don't think my stylist gets water anywhere near my eyes...what's why I feel funny closing them. But then I feel keeping them open bc I'm like, staring into space and can't focus on anything! And if I close them, I'm afraid ill look like I'm falling alseep! Ahhh! The predicament!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
At my age, you do as you please.. I don't care what people think.... ;)) If I need to rest me eyes, so be it, and enjoy them massaging my head during the shampoo... I have a bad neck, so it's not a fun shampoo, and do what I can to just get through it... :((

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I keep mine open! Usually I'm talking to the person washing my hair...I never really thought about closing them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie said:
Ok, weird question. But something I've wondered. When the stylist is washing your hair at the bowl, do you keep your eyes opened or closed???

I feel weird keeping them open, so I close them and just relax. I'm just curious.
got my haircut & shampoo this afternoon.i'd close my eyes. ::) it costed me $12 bucks... :!: :-o

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I keep mine closed too. I always hate making small talk with the stylist, which is funny because my own job is essentially to talk to people as well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes open sometimes closed. It seems weird to look up to talk and be looking straight up her nose, you know?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. I do a combination of both! If there is something interesting to look at, like other people passing by, I keep them sort of open but mostly shut. If I'm having a conversation with the shampoo person (I've had both men and women), I tend to keep them open. I currently have my hair done by a good friend and she also shampoos me, plus there are fun, colorful circles painted on the ceiling by the sinks, so I keep them open.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
yeah, either or -just depends. My current salon has a large tv (usually showing music videos etc) which is in view from the basin so sometimes i'll watch that. But usually take the chance to close my eyes, relax and enjoy the head massage. Dont like chatting during the wash phase.

Here's another question-has anyone else almost fallen asleep at the basin? :rodent:

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I always keep mine closed, but I do try to keep talking. I am usually pretty friendly with my stylists, since I find and stay loyal to one. I don't want them to think I am rude.

I haven't fallen asleep during a hair wash, but I have during a pedicure once.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really like the hair washing portion and often show up at the salon with freshly washed hair, still wet.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire said:
charbie said:

got my haircut & shampoo this afternoon. i'd close my eyes. ::) it costed me $12 bucks... :!: :-o

Yes, but that's because you're waiting for your happy ending! :tongue:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie said:
Dancing Fire said:
charbie said:

got my haircut & shampoo this afternoon. i'd close my eyes. ::) it costed me $12 bucks... :!: :-o

Oh god...ROFL. Trekkie, have you been drinking something special tonight? Because you're coming up with some zingers this evening!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie said:
Dancing Fire said:
charbie said:

::snort!::

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Closed!!!

Mainly because there is a partial sun roof, which is really bright, at my salon and its right over the shampoo chairs.
I also get water splashed into my eyes, so it just feels natural to close them.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I like to keep them closed but many times the person washing my hair is talking to me..so if I know she's not near my eyes with shampoo or water, I would open them to respond but then close them again. I really don't like to chat when someone is washing and massaging my head...I want to enjoy the experience

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the salon I go to, my stylist never washes my hair. They have separate girls to wash. So I spend the first little bit with my eyes open while I talk to them about what's new since my last visit. Then when the scalp massage begins, I shut my eyes and mumble 'that feels so good' every now and then!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie said:
Trekkie said:
Dancing Fire said:
charbie said:

F*ck aye!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Usually open unless stuff starts splashing around.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my eyes open. I never thought about it before but I could visualize the ceiling of the salon! My stylist and I usually
talk the whole time. I consider her my friend and we spend the whole time I am there catching up on our lives!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I keep mine closed as well. I try to relax.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I keep my eyes closed because it is so relaxing to have someone wash my hair and massage my scalp. :appl:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Closed. Most salons don't seem to think about not puting the bright lights above the bowls :rolleyes:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
kama_s said:
Yssie said:
Trekkie said:
Dancing Fire said:
charbie said:

F*ck aye!

ROFL!

I close my eyes. Otherwise, I feel like I'm staring up my stylist's nose, which is just weird and gross.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The apprentice always washes hair where I go so I keep my eyes closed. They don't care how much water they splash in your face while they are gossiping with the apprentice at the next basin!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually closed.

On another note, what do people do at the dentist when they are getting their teeth cleaned? Eyes open or closed? :rodent:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am distrustful. Eyes open, always.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I gotta take my glasses off for it, and am totally blind, so closed. Open is pointless w/o glasses! Plus, even with the stylist being careful I fear shampoo in the eyes.

(I rarely get my hair cut professionally though.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results