Like Tree46Likes

ALPHA OFF ROAD ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
Where do they sell these motors in US ?
You don't want one. Best off spending about more and getting a OS, Novarossi, Ultimate Racing (OS and Nova based), Picco, Triton (Picco based) or Reds engine.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by B3nno810
You don't want one. Best off spending about more and getting a OS, Novarossi, Ultimate Racing (OS and Nova based), Picco, Triton (Picco based) or Reds engine.
I already have several Alphas. I'm running various different Alphas in 4 different cars. I'm trying to get rods for a couple of them.

As for the other brands you mentioned, I have several of each of those too. Two OS, more Nova Rossis than I can count, and a few Piccos including a RC Concepts M3C I just installed in my Hyper 7.

It's just I had my attention on other things the last few months and didn't see that Alpha disappeared from the US market.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:34 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jersey

they had the dragon 4 on sale a couple weeks ago 185 plus 9.99 shipping came with clutch. They highered price now to like 220+19.95 shipping.

Seems like there being used mainly in Europe asia.
Correct, the Europe and Asia market is alot bigger than America's... this goes for all of RC and the reason american brands are struggling vs the asian brands. When i was in Europe for business back in 2017, Astro tracks were huge and so many people turned up just for a "club" day. I also struggled to find Sir crash alot who was sponsored (a dig at how many avg joe people are sponsored these days)

The Younger kids racing was amazing vs my local track - we may have two or three young ones, but they have like 10+ during club days.
jersey likes this.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mercfocus
I already have several Alphas. I'm running various different Alphas in 4 different cars. I'm trying to get rods for a couple of them.

As for the other brands you mentioned, I have several of each of those too. Two OS, more Nova Rossis than I can count, and a few Piccos including a RC Concepts M3C I just installed in my Hyper 7.

It's just I had my attention on other things the last few months and didn't see that Alpha disappeared from the US market.
fair enough then. You will probably find after Lutz dropped them, that they lost alot of their following.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Just realized I didn't more specifically ask this here.

Does anybody with experience with Alpha engines know what rods work in the Worlds Edition and have actually tried them?
Old 09-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by B3nno810
fair enough then. You will probably find after Lutz dropped them, that they lost alot of their following.
He was forced to drop them. I asked him about it and he said "hands were tide". He was running Tekno and they wanted their engine in his car.

I knew it was going to be trouble for Alpha owners when that happened and so he just ends up leaving Tekno anyway.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

He was forced to drop them. I asked him about it and he said "hands were tide". He was running Tekno and they wanted their engine in his car.

I knew it was going to be trouble for Alpha owners when that happened and so he just ends up leaving Tekno anyway.
Pretty sure tekno dropped him, he’s doing great with agama now and one of the most popular drivers probably in the world now. Tekno blew it if they got rid of him
frewster likes this.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Pretty sure tekno dropped him, he’s doing great with agama now and one of the most popular drivers probably in the world now. Tekno blew it if they got rid of him
Ya I think I read something like that somewhere too. Something like they just didn't set up a new contract.

He's especially popular with me because he was always so reachable. Actually the only pro driver I've ever had any conversations with and have had quite a few when he was with Alpha. I learned a couple things from him.
BrettL and jersey like this.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
The rods are all the same, there was a small running change to the material sometime when the pink head Lutz engine came out, but the dimensions stayed the same. I've been running Alpha engines since the A852 so I can confirm they are the same since that one.

The crankshafts should all be interchangeable as well, but you will be changing the engine performance with that change. With the piston and sleeve I'm not 100% sure, they should fit but again it will be a change. If you have a specific question about parts interchangeability, feel free to ask here or send me a PM

You can check the exploded views here and check what you need by comparing the part numbers
ALPHA PLUS MODEL CO., LTD.
Ya I think I read something like that somewhere too. Something like they just didn't set up a new contract.

He's especially popular with me because he was always so reachable. Actually the only pro driver I've ever had any conversations with and have had quite a few when he was with Alpha. I learned a couple things from him.
Originally Posted by s10096898
Will the Ryan Lutz Cooling Head(Pink colour) fit on a Alpha Dragon 2?
Yes, they are all interchangeable
Originally Posted by s10096898
Are the crankshaft, piston, rod and sleeve interchangeable too?

I think the dragon 2 and 3 used a different rod?
Yes, the D3 rod is a bit beefier but the hole dimensions and the distance between them is the same
hey merc read this go back like 3 pages.
mercfocus likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

"Forced" to drop them. He was having constant issues and not finishing races because of the engines... He would have welcomed the change.

Also leaving Tekno wasn't really his choice, as has been said, but tbh was probably one of the best things for him, like leaving Alpha. The Tekno cars are ridiculously twitchy and hard to be consistent with, Agama seems to be suiting Lutz incredibly well.

Each to their own, we are all free to run what ever we want, and spend our money how we see fit. Personally wouldn't recommend one of these engines based on my own experiences and those of others I know. But if you're having good luck with them, that's good for you.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

His DNF's were not because of the engines, from what im aware hes actually had more flameouts with the o.s based BLOK.
Once alpha changed to the new gen case, crank, carb and rod alot of the previous issues vanished.

The new dragon 4 was a failure, it offered no more power over the d3 but have alot less runtime and team drivers just couldn't figure out why

I no longer run Alpha but the d1, 2 & 3 were probably the best engines i've ran, the only real issue i found was when they finally broke in, it would go stupid rich and you'd struggle to keep the flame going.(i found doing a EBIS then doing a old school breakin aswell really helped this wee issue)

On a side note, i've been running Ls-5 Engines and FX( ls5 for practice since cheap and FX for races) and havnt had any issues
Old 09-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MonsterJuice
His DNF's were not because of the engines, from what im aware hes actually had more flameouts with the o.s based BLOK.
Once alpha changed to the new gen case, crank, carb and rod alot of the previous issues vanished.

The new dragon 4 was a failure, it offered no more power over the d3 but have alot less runtime and team drivers just couldn't figure out why

I no longer run Alpha but the d1, 2 & 3 were probably the best engines i've ran, the only real issue i found was when they finally broke in, it would go stupid rich and you'd struggle to keep the flame going.(i found doing a EBIS then doing a old school breakin aswell really helped this wee issue)

On a side note, i've been running Ls-5 Engines and FX( ls5 for practice since cheap and FX for races) and havnt had any issues
the d3 was pre broke in mine only needed couple gentle tanks then ran fine. I believe the d4 is also pre broken in. I heard the d4 had less run time then d3 to, I don’t remember what parts were changed. Don’t have d4 but something that they changed must of made it worse.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can remember guys having a hard time getting 7:30 mins consistently with the D3 in nj/pa. I couldn't imagine the D4 being worse, Surprised it left R/D getting less then 7:30. I never owned a Dragon 3 or 4 but had multiple local drivers using them.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Alpha engines

I know Race Dawg RC is getting ready to import a small order from Alpha. You may want to send them a note if you need anything
Old 12-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Guys,
I have ordered an A852, a dragon 2 and a dragon 4.
What is your opinions for those engines.
Btw I have a lot of engine(3x novas, 7x lrps, 2xsts,4x k4.6 and some others I don't remember now) and I wanted to try the alphas so don't start telling me there are better options out there, I know!
What is your opinion on power, torque, fuel milage, tunability, consistency, durability?
For parts availability I don't really care as with all of my engines they will never get a rebuild.
And the conrods are never changed because I break the in my ebis system which is easy on conrod.
​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.